Join us in spreading the gospel to the ends of the Earth.
2022 Processing Center Volunteer Days!
Atlanta: Tues, 11/29, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. (8:15 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. if riding the church bus)
Boone*, NC: Mon, 12/5, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. & 2 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Boone*, NC: Tues, 12/6, 9 a.m.
Please contact Barbara Bowie (email@example.com) for more information and to register your interest in volunteering. You may choose from any of the four volunteer times listed above.
* The Boone, NC trip will require overnight stays. Volunteers are responsible for their own travel, room, and meals. We have reserved a block of rooms at Holiday Inn Express, Boone NC at a rate of $66/room + tax. Please call (828)-264-2451 to reserve your room and be sure to identify yourself as a volunteer from Alps Road Presbyterian Church.
Cuba Team Needs: Your Support is Welcome!
Our team of 9 will travel to Matanzas, Cuba, October 13-18 and are eagerly looking forward to ARPC returning to Cuba. Life in Cuba is much more difficult today than it was in 2019, and we could use additional help (financial & supplies) to get us there:
1. Financial donation toward fuel costs for bus from Havana to Matanzas and back due to refinery fire and skyrocketing fuel costs.
2. Financial donation toward 2nd bag ($200 each). Each traveler (8) hopes to carry a 2nd bag with much needed supplies for Cuba.
3. Donate supplies for us to take into Cuba. Please follow the chart in the Gathering Area. We are limited in what we can take this year and must prioritize what is most needed.
4. Donate extra large duffel bags (need 3-4) to carry supplies into Cuba. These bags must be able to be folded and brought back in a suitcase.
5. PRAYER support by all is most welcome. Cuba is experiencing intermittent electricity due to refinery fire, and their access to basic supplies is even more limited. We appreciate your prayers for our Cuban friends!
Thank you for your support of our partnership with the church in Matanzas! Use link to sign up for supplies donations:
We love to visit with our sister church in Cuba! We send teams to Cuba every summer it's safe to do so, and look forward to adding a mid-year trip as well. Groups that travel to Cuba are responsible for raising their own cost through group projects and individual fund raising.